IT’S DECEMBER?! I know people always joke around and say that it’ll be Christmas again soon, but seriously, it will be 😂💁 Anyway, the end of one month and the start of the next obviously calls for a monthly favourites post where I basically just waffle on about what I’ve been loving! So let’s go.
Let’s start off with organisation, aka my life. This Kate Spade diary is a life saver for an organisation freak like myself and allows me to keep everything in check, I seriously don’t know what I’d do without it! Plus, it’s super pretty. It is actually a 17-month diary, which started in August of this year and ends in December 2016. Considering the amount of time I spend on my laptop, you’d think I’d do it all on there but it confuses me so much and with things like dates and lists and birthdays and holidays I would rather just write it all down. So if you’re anything like me – you need this Kate Spade diary in your life. Oh, and did I mention that Kate Spade actually has a whole range of stationery bits which you can get here? I seriously need it all.
Next up, beauty. Who doesn’t love make-up and skincare? These four products have been getting me through November, so I couldn’t not include them in my favourites…
1) Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask – this stuff is seriously wow. I actually discovered it online and it retails for about £7/8 on Amazon which is such a good deal, because this pot is literally the size of my head. The product itself is a really finely milled brown/grey powder which sort of smells like mud, and you mix it with apple cider vinegar or water. You don’t need loads, but you mix it all together and let it sit on your face for about 15-20 minutes. It hardens to the point where it actually sort of hurts to move your face, and when you wash it off your face is like BRIGHT red. Don’t be scared – just slap loads of moisturiser on and leave your skin to do it’s thing overnight, but I seriously feel like this mask just gets all the nasty stuff out of your face! Any blemishes I have on my skin prior to using this are definitely less angry after I’ve finished using it.
2) Benefit Watt’s Up highlighter – I have been LOVING this highlighter. I use it on my face every single day to strobe and highlight my skin and it just works wonders. I am a big fan of glowy skin, not only in the summer but also in the winter, as it makes you look super healthy instead of having a dull complexion, probably due to the British weather at the moment!
3) MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick – at long last, I have jumped on the Velvet Teddy band wagon, and safe to say I have not been disappointed! The online beauty hype for this lipstick is definitely worth it, as it’s just the perfect shade of nude and stays on for so long. It doesn’t dry my lips out either like many other lipsticks do, which I’m super relieved about! All over a very lovely lipstick, perfect to pair with any look.
4) Body brushing – obsessed. I have grown up my whole life with my mum swearing by body brushing, so I guess it’s only natural for me to swear by it too! I like to do this before I go to bed, it makes your skin so soft and glowing. It also has a load of benefits to do with your circulatory system and lymphatic drainage.
1) This Zara Oriental perfume is seriously yummy. It was sort of an impulse buy as I was waiting in the queue but we all know I’m a sucker for an impulse buy, so I couldn’t resist. It has a spicy, caramel latte sort of vibe which I’m loving. If you’re passing Zara definitely go in and give it a smell, you’ll know what I’m talking about…
2) This Capri Blue candle is just ugh omg. Again, I’m rubbish at explaining smells but it is amazing and leaves my room smelling fab. I picked it up from Anthropologie on King’s Road, in Chelsea. The shop is so beautiful, I love Anthropologie itself but I’m pretty sure this is the nicest store of it I’ve visited. It’s location is beautiful anyway but inside is exactly what you’d expect, very chic and vintage – classic Anthropologie – it was seriously to die for. Oh and did I mention the actual LOOK of this candle? We all know if something has a pretty name/pretty packaging, I’ll probably buy it, even if I hate the product itself 😂 Anyway, the actual candle on the outside is all opal, and I FREAKING LOVE OPALS. The lid is super cute too, it’s got that brass/copper/rose gold thing going on with all paisley designs engraved on top. Love it.
Thanks for reading, and congrats if you made it this far (I have chatterbox issues) 🎉🎉🎉 Hope you are kicking December off to a good start!
Diary Kate Spade
Clay Mask Amazon
Watt’s Up highlighter Benefit
Velvet Teddy lipstick MAC
Body brush The Body Shop